PUBG Ban Along with 118 Chinese Apps in India
PUBG Game Banned Along with 118 Chinese Apps in india There are on the brink of 5 Crores active PUBG players only in India, consistent with reports and therefore the game clocks in some 1 crore 30 lakhs million daily users.
PUBG Mobile computer game App Banned along side 118 New Chinese Apps in India its a wildly popular online multiplayer shooting game, is along 118 Chinese apps blocked by the govt Wednesday on 2nd sep 2020
Tencent’s PUBG Mobile ranks among the world’s top five smartphone games with over 734 million downloads. There are on the brink of 50 million active PUBG players in India, consistent with reports and therefore the game clocks in some 13 million daily users.
According to the IT Ministry, the Apps “are engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order”.
“This decision may be a targeted move to make sure safety, security and sovereignty of Indian cyberspace,” the statement said, adding that the move would safeguard the interests of crores of Indian mobile and internet users.
PUBG or PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds, features a Hunger Games style competition during which 100 players bully off with automatic weapons until there’s just one left. Tencent introduced a stripped-down mobile version, which had the sport skyrocketing, especially within the time of the coronavirus lockdown.
In a measure of PUBG’s huge popularity in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during an occasion on exam stress last year, had remarked to a mother complaining about her teen PUBG mobile Video Game App Banned Along with 118 Chinese Apps in india
In June, the govt banned 59 mobile apps including Bytedance’s beside famous App TikTok, Alibaba’s UC Browser and Tencent’s WeChat, also citing security concerns now.
“The a group of those data, its mining and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, which ultimately impinges upon the sovereignty and integrity of India, may be a matter of very deep and immediate concern which needs emergency measures,” said the statement.
The home ministry’s cybercrime centre had also recommended blocking these “malicious apps”, the govt said.
The statement mentioned bipartisan concerns flagged in parliament and out of doors and a robust chorus to require strict action against Apps “that harm India’s sovereignty also because the privacy of our citizens”.
The other Apps blocked include games, online payment services, dating sites and software to edit selfies.
Explaining its latest move, the ministry said it had received many complaints about the misuse of some mobile apps on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting user data to servers outside India.
The move comes each day after the govt accused Chinese troops of provocative action again within the South Bank of Ladakh’s Pangong Lake. Chinese troops had made an identical attempt on August 31 but Indian soldiers were ready to thwart them both times, the govt said.
There are a series of clashes and showdowns in Ladakh with China since May. In June, 20 soldiers died for the country during a clash at Galwan Valley. China also suffered casualties but has not revealed the exact amount of loss.